1. More Issues Out of the Gate – The Browns in their two road games this season have been outscored in the first half 55-6 by the Steelers and Titans. There’s no excuse for the defense to be gashed early in games, more so on the road, than they have been. The Browns have to find ways early in games to get off to a better start – home or on the road. They might want to change things around in practice this week to try and be more fresh when they take the field Sunday at home vs the Steelers.
2. Hoyer Makes The Most of a Bad Situation – There’s no denying that Brian Hoyer is the leader of this football team right now, and his ability over the first four weeks to lead this team back in games is the reason they are 2-2 as opposed to 1-3 or even 0-4. He was hit hard more than once, and yet got up each time and got back in the huddle then came out and made plays. 292 yards and another huge comeback for Hoyer, a player who just seems to find ways, which is great for a team with a defense struggling.
3. Special Teams Show Improvement – From Tank Carder blocking a punt when the punt block wasn’t on, to finally a day of long snaps that were just fine, the special teams did something positive. On the negative side, Travis Benjamin muffed a punt, but was bailed out when it was nullified by penalty. It’s been an adventure for this unit over the first four games, but Sunday it was finally a positive as opposed to a negative.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Shrine Game Rosters on
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on