No charges will be filed against Browns wide receiver Corey Coleman in connection with an attack on a 26-year-old man at the building in downtown Cleveland where Coleman lives, Adam Ferrise of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael O’Malley said in a statement on Tuesday that DNA evidence tested by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled Coleman out as a possible suspect in the case.
Court records filed in that case state that Coleman took part in the fight, but O’Malley said the evidence never showed that Coleman was part of the Dec. 31 beating that left a man unconscious and bleeding in a parking garage stairwell.
“The investigation into this felonious assault has failed to produce sufficient evidence that Corey Coleman was a participant,” O’Malley’s statement says.
Coleman’s brother, Jonathan Coleman, 25, and his roommate Jared Floyd, 24, both of Dallas, were previously charged with felonious assault in connection with the Dec. 31 attack. They attacked the man in the lobby of Coleman’s downtown Cleveland condo at the Pinnacle Condominiums on West Lakeside Avenue, investigators have said.
Both pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on