Penn State running back Saquon Barkley seemed to do it all at the NFL Combine over the weekend, and now more than ever it seems that people feel that he could end up going number one to the Browns.
Ian Rapoport of NFL.com seems to be on board with the Browns forsaking a QB with the first pick and picking the running back, stating that he’s “firmly in the mix at No. 1 for the Browns.”
After days of evaluation at the #Combine, one thing is clear: Penn St RB Saquon Barkley is firmly in the mix at No. 1 for the #Browns, sources say. Would be the first RB at that spot since Ki-Jana Carter to the #Bengals in 1995.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 4, 2018
Barkley bench pressed 225 pounds 29 times, and also did a 4.40 in the 40-yard dash, and overall was just impressive to the point of turning heads and there’s almost no doubt now that he’s the best player in the draft.
QB’s Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, and Baker Mayfield may have to wait till number four to get picked by the Browns if the they want a quarterback, and the Browns might just now be on board to take the sensational Barkley with the first overall pick.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on
- Browns Dump Four Players Including CB Carrie, TE Harris on