The Browns have re-signed left tackle Greg Robinson according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Robinson was surprisingly released on Sunday but apparently that was purely a procedural move so that the Browns could stash rookie OL Drew Forbes on injured reserve with the designation to return.
The former No.2-overall pick in the 2014 draft has never come close to living up to his draft pedigree but started eight games for the Browns in 2018, ranking 63rd out of 80 qualifiers according to Pro Football Focus.
While it seems like he has been in the league forever, Brown is still only 26 years old.
He suited up for practice on Monday and is fully expected to be the starting left tackle when the Browns open the season against the Tennessee Titans on September 8.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on