Numberfire.com has out a list of one player for each AFC team they think might be on the chopping block this offseason.
For the Browns the site has picked tight end Demetrius Harris as the player that could find himself released. Here’s what they have to say about Harris getting cut.
Cleveland Browns – TE Demetrius Harris
Dead Cap Hit $1M, Cap Saving $2.5M
Tight end Demetrius Harris signed for the Cleveland Browns prior to the 2019 season, but despite David Njoku missing most of the season due to injury/personality clash with the head coach, Harris was far from a dominant force.
He played in 15 games, starting 6, but totaled a mere 15 receptions all season. He never amassed more than 33 yards in any one game. New Browns coach Kevin Stefanski is likely to use the tight end position more than his predecessor, but the team can likely find a cheaper alternative to Harris.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on