Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield plans to play “slimmer and faster” in 2020 according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
Rapoport added that Mayfield, “Put on some weight last year to bulk up and lost some quickness.” The former No. 1 overall pick weighed in at the 2018 combine at 215 pounds but the visual eye made it clear he was playing well above that weight in 2019.
He struggled to make his way out of the pocket last season, limiting some of his lethal improvisational play. Still, this is the type of news that is common in the offseason. Mayfield will ultimately need to show major signs of improvement on the football field in 2020 in order to get his career back on track.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on