USA Today has released an interesting article regarding the ever unpopular (at least for players) ‘Franchise tag’ and how team’s may use it in 2020.
It seems like every team has an option to use the franchise tag, which stops a player from even negotiating with outside teams and forces them to stay put.
To see the entire list of all 32 teams and the players that might be franchised, click HERE.
Here’s what the article has to say about the Browns, who they say should franchise LB Joe Schobert.
It may seem a little mystifying that they aren’t trying harder to keep former Pro Bowl LB Joe Schobert, 26. But his position’s franchise tag is skewed by the value of pass-rushing linebackers rather than inside guys like Schobert.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on