The Browns started their 2020 free agency off in a big way, as Mondaythe team has signed Atlanta Falcons free agent tight end Austin Hooper to a mega deal.
Cleveland wasted little time in making him the highest paid right end in the game, as Hooper told ESPN’s Vaughn McClure the deal is worth $44 million, with $23 million guaranteed.
The 25-year-old became a weapon in the Falcons offense last season, pulling in 75 catches for 787 yards and six touchdowns.
“It definitely feels good to know that there’s interest out there for me,” Hooper told ESPN Sunday.
“I’ve worked hard over my four years in Atlanta to set myself up to be in a position like this, so I’m grateful that stuff like this is coming out.”
He did that despite having to sit out three games with an MCL sprain. Hooper was a third-round pick of the Falcons in 2016 out of Stanford.
In 59 games over his four-year NFL career, Hooper pulled in 214 passes for 2,244 yards with 16 scores.
He’s also a big target when it comes to being a third down threat, as of his 274 targets a season ago, 105 of them resulted in a first down.
Over the past three seasons, he leads all tight ends with a 77.3% catch percentage.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns and Myles Garrett Working on New Deal to Stay in Cleveland on
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on