Running Back Kareem Hunt will be back with the Browns in 2020 after inking his second-round tender on Friday.
Hunt, who was a restricted free agent, ran for just 179 yards (4.2 yards per carry) but caught 37 passes while scoring three touchdowns in eight games last season.
Combined with starter Nick Chubb, the Browns can boast one of, if not the best 1-2 punch at the running back spot heading into the 2020 season.
The team inked Hunt last February and he served an eight-game suspension from an incident where a video surfaced of the 23-year-old punching and kicking a women at a hotel here in Cleveland last February.
Hunt was added to the commissioners exempt list promptly after the video was made public by TMZ and hours later was released by Kansas City.
For the most part last season Hunt behaved and many said that he was a good teammate and was a solid player for the club.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on