While last season ended differently than he and the team would have wanted, no one can deny the impact that former first-overall pick Myles Garrett has made for the Browns in his time with the franchise.
With that, the Browns picked up his fifth-year option, ensuring that he will be with the Browns at least for the next couple of years.
What about a long term extension though? The Browns don’t want to get caught with their pants down and lose Garrett in free agency, but what is the right amount of money that the team should offer the pass rusher?
NFL Network spoke earlier today about Garrett and they were joined by GM Andrew Berry about the subject.
#Browns GM Andrew Berry told RapSheet + Friends (https://t.co/CiKkY8tVHv) that he hopes Myles Garrett is with the #Browns for years to come. Why a long-term extension makes sense ?????? pic.twitter.com/Xfe6oebpQU
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 5, 2020
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Browns Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Browns Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland Browns news.
- Browns 2020 Slate Released, Team to Open in Baltimore Vs Ravens on
- What’s the Status of the Browns Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Who Would the Browns Use the Franchise Tag on If Needed in 2020? on
- Report: LB Joe Schobert Won’t Be Back with the Browns in 2020 on
- Browns with Eyes on Veteran QB’s Case Keenum and Chase Daniel in Free Agency on